Stress Management: Self Talk

 

A large part of successful learning is stress management. Without stress management people can often have a difficult time focusing on the task at hand. The student can have a hard time remembering things. The student can quickly become distracted. The student can even become very tired very quickly.

Stress has a significant effect on a persons mental and physical health. So it is important to think about how to successfully manage stress. Once managed a student can sit down and have a more positive experience while studying.

The technique we will look at this month is Self Talk. This is a process which a person uses to sooth or calm themselves down. The person says things to themselves to help themselves feel better or think more positively. Here some examples:

“I have been successful before, I can be successful again.”

“I have had similar stressful situations before. I have gotten through them.” (You can also name the situation.)

“Mistakes happen sometimes. Everybody makes mistakes.”

“I am ok. Everything is going to be ok.”

I hope this helps in whatever you choose to study.

If you are interested in learning English check out my profile at Cafetalk.com where I offer private tutoring.


 プロフィールのリンク

 

コメント